|This article is about a/an monster in Ultraman Dyna.|
Bao-on (バオーン - Baōn) is a monster that appeared in the TV series, Ultraman Dyna. He appeared in episode 9, "The Faraway Bao-on."
Subtitle: Hypnosis Monster (催眠怪獣 - Saimin kaijū)
to be added
Weapons and Abilities
- Hypnotic Roar: Bao-on's roar, often signalized by a large exhaust of steam from its nostrils, causes the instant faltering and sleep to humans. The roar can also cause drowziness to aliens such as Ultraman Dyna.
- Power Overbite: Bao-on's jaws contain a considerable amount of force, able to easily bite a metal gas mask to shreds.
- Superhuman Strength: Bao-on is obscenely powerful, able to break through clamps and match Ultraman Dyna's strength in Strong-Type without any serious effort.
Behind the scenes
- Captain Hibiki of Super GUTS once referred to Bao-on as the strongest monster in history (史上最強の怪獣かもしれない - Shijō saikyō no kaijū kamo shirenai), as he reasoned that "being able to put anyone to sleep makes it so that Bao-on can never be harmed.
- Bao-on is the first nonviolent monster to appear in the series, as well as the second alien to visit Earth that was not violent; the first being Alien Dais.