|This article is about a/an monster in Ultraman 80.|
Subtitle: Moon Monster (月の輪怪獣 - Tsukinowa Kaijū)
Crescent was the first Monster to appear on Earth during Ultraman 80's time on Earth. After five years had passed since the last monster attack, Earth's time of peace had inadvertently also produced an energy source powered by negativity and evil thoughts and emotions known as "Minus Energy." One conglomeration of this energy gave birth to the monster Crescent, who's presence was felt only by him traveling underground, and some dried up Vegetation and Rocks. Eventually, Crescent made his presence known when he surfaced and attacked Japan while Yamato was trying to prove the monster's existence. Despite some opposition from the United Nations Defense Army and UGM, Crescent easily took down their weapons and continued its rampage. Crescent then noticed Yamato helping people evacuate and the monster tried to kill him with his Heat Ray, but Yamato managed to avoid his attacks and transformed into Ultraman 80. 80's battle with Crescent is at a Standstill due to Crescent's Heat Ray managing to weaken the Ultra, but 80 continued to fight on thanks to the Children at the Middle School encounraging him, and after striking Crescent with his Bomb Kick and Ultra Chop techniques, 80 finally killed Crescent with his Saxium Ray.
Weapons and Abilities
- Heat Ray: Crescent can fire a Red Heat Ray from his Eyes. Crescent can control the intensity of his ray from large firey explosions to small spark-like explosions.
- Burrowing: Crescent can burrow at high speeds.
Behind the scenes
- Crescent's roar comes from the monster, Zambolar, only more synthesized.
- Crescent's design itself is based off of the Asian Black Bear.
- Crescent is portrayed by suit actor Masato Sezaki.
- Crescent's name comes from the Crescent Moon-shaped design feature on his neck.
- to be added